So for some reason you have stumbled upon my humble blog. As such, I shall first thank you for visiting. XDD
Firstly let me introduce myself. =P
My name is Leong Yau Soon. I study architecture in a private institution in Malaysia. Currently pursuing my bachelor's degree (Semester 2 starts tomorrow OMO!), I have also attained a recent interest in photography.
For that matter, I shall thank a dear friend of mine; Ceavs Chua. To be fair, my parents have always taught me really important things in my life and has allowed me great opportunities to indulge myself into photography. Thanks to them, I have an early exposure into details such as composition and storytelling in photography. Thanks a million mum and dad!
But without Ceavs to "poison" me into entering photography, and the rest of my friends and their awesome photos, this would never had taken off. Thanks guys!
So yes, here is where I begin my story.
I have just acquired my first own digital camera. A Nikon D7000.
So the above is a picture of my new darling. Hehe. <3
Name? Not sure. But Nicoletta sounds interesting enough. Niki, say hi! lol.
Name? Not sure. But Nicoletta sounds interesting enough. Niki, say hi! lol.
Okay, back to business.
My first trip just after freshly getting my camera was to Indonesia. *awesome*
The 9 day trip started in Surabaya; Jawa, and ended in Denpasar; Bali.
In Surabaya, the second-largest city in Indonesia (I think...) me and my "entourage" stayed in a little hotel. Named Paviljoen, the Dutch origins of the name can clearly be seen.
We also managed to visit the origins of the legendary local "kretek" factory: House of Sampoerna.
Skies were awesome and views were also beautiful. But we did not stay long. After Nyepi, the new year of the local calender, we headed by train to Bali.
Then, a ferry to the island.
Next stop was at Singaraja.
Singaraja was the previous capital for Bali and the other surrounding islands and islets since the Dutch rule. Not much development happened here as the Dutch did not think of developing their occupied territory much. Power lines were pretty though.
Oh, and I must say, local beer is top-notch considering.
My first proper sunset shooting was done here. And my golly, was it postcard-quality.
On the way down to Ubud, we passed by Gunung Agung. My guess is it is a volcanic plateau with its own sulfuric lake.
Ubud was a great place. Slightly overly-touristy, but still great.
The place we stayed; Rumah Roda, gets most of the praise.
The place we stayed; Rumah Roda, gets most of the praise.
Ok, I'm gonna stop blabbering and get to the point. Here are the rest of my perspectives.
Here is Sensei Ceavs. Salute^^
Sunset at TanahLot.
Note: For the best experience, ditch tours and get a bike. AWESOME**
One more set to end the trip. A new thing I hope: Night-Flight Photography
That's it for this time. Until my next outing. Ciao~

























No comments:
Post a Comment